Monday 20 January 2014

In My Backyard

Around our house, my wife always says that the first time you visit, you get served by one of us. The second time, we'll tell you where to find it. On the third visit, you'll probably know where it is, so you can go get it. This applies to snacks mostly. For more regular sit-down dinners, it's often buffet or family-style.

So now... what do I make of this fellow? He showed up last week on our fence, his third time in our backyard. The first time, he looked around. The second, he brought his own food (something he picked up in the neighborhood, as it were.) This third time, I suppose he'll find his own way.

I'm somewhat surprised to see such a bird in our neighborhood, but more and more, I'm discovering that the local animals have lost most of their fear of us humans. I do enjoy seeing him when he comes by. I'll be watching for his next visit.

Watching the yard, seeking his next meal. Him, we don't serve.

An interesting looking fellow, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment