Sunday 20 January 2013

A Desert Between Us and Them

Over the past few weeks, I've been quite busy and haven't been blogging. I've played some games and I'll do some blogging on them soon, but not today.

Today I received a link for a trailer on YouTube. This is a documentary on the War of 1812 in Southwestern Ontario, the area I live in. My entire family had a hand in this, in fact I can be seen briefly in the background behind a moving cannon. Rob, my son, is there as well, but he can really be seen in the portion of the trailer where the men condemned to hang are seen in a line. A judge walks in front of them followed by a young Redcoat - that's my boy!

Here's the link to the trailer. I hope you'll let me know what you think of it. Quite a few of my friends and aquaintences are in the film. The King's Company of Military Reenactors (unifomed as the 17th US Infantry for the most part) were in this a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOq48y-Y8CY&hd=1

I hope you enjoy this trailer. All of us participants will get a copy when the disc comes out. For the most part, you'll have to come and see me to see the film. (Hint-clue-suggestion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment