Tuesday 6 September 2011

My wife has done me proud.

In case you didn't know, my wife is a wonderful person, far better than the like of me deserves. (She does drive me nuts at times, but I'm sure that's my fault.) She has finished by uniform jackets for our 1812 reenacting and I could not be more pleased!


the uniform coatee - 1812 pattern with the 1813-pattern
"Tombstone" shako, the only one that would fit my head.

























This morning was a fine sunny day and I was looking
into the sun!

























The US pattern summer roundabout jacket in white linen
- much cooler than the wool.
























Details of the chest braid and buttons.
























Infantry pattern buttons on the linen jacket.
























Beth says she enjoyed doing these coats. I know it was a lot of work... and I'm grateful to this woman I love.

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous job your wife did on your Uniform, John! Makes painting the figures look really easy by comparison.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete