Saturday 23 January 2021

I'm not sure the paint is dry!

 


     Between the pandemic, some work issues (Yes, I'm still working from home during Ontario's lockdown), and teaching a T-Rex to reach 4th position on the trombone, it's been busy. I've discovered that I also like to work on multiple painting projects at the same time. Getting things done takes longer but it's not boring. Not everybody works this way, I know... but I do and I'll continue.

     Here's a few things I've been finishing on the painting table (often with Time Team on the TV in the background.) 

Medieval Irish from Wargames Atlantic
Separate heads, arms, and weapons give you a lot of options.
Many people don't like the "fiddly" nature of such figures, but I like them.
Can't you hear them yell? "Póg mo thóin!"
(Wardogs are included!)

Spanish Civil War Republican Tinzano (improvised armoured vehicle)
3-D printed for me by my good friend, Dr. Martin.
(PCE? Translation - Spanish Communist Party)

More Wargames Atlantic figures
Futuristic Einherjar from their "Death Fields" Range
The box's mythos says they were Viking raiders taken by aliens for their Death Fields sport.
Settled on high gravity worlds, their growth was stunted.
So... Space Dwarves!!

Halfling Rogues by WhizKids
The lighting is poor and I'm using a somewhat paler flesh for Caucasian types,
relying on inking for detail and contrast.

I wish I knew what this guy is. Looks kind of "undead-ish."
You never know when something like this might come in handy.

Allan Quatermain: I may have been overly rude earlier... when I called you a pirate.

Captain Nemo: And I may have been overly charitable... when I said I wasn't. But I try to live in the now... 

where the ghosts of old wrongs do not abide. (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Captain Nemo, captain of the submersible Nautilus


A late Roman armoured legionary by a company I think Warlord Games has absorbed.
Another Medieval Irishman armed with the ol' blackthorne stick or shillelagh.

"Gun Mages" from the Warmachine listing.
I don't play the game, but the figures were on the re-sale rack at a local games store.
I thought they'd make a good gang for my Traveller campaign. 
("We am beez lookin' fer dat crazy girl wit' all them personalities. Yez know her, heyna?")

Velociraptors from WhizKids... found in my Christmas stocking.
I love them!
Now... who makes a loose trombone for 25mm figures?

So I'm still painting and I have a battalion of Napoleonic Prussian fusileers, a regiment of ACW Union Zouaves, some WWII Soviet Naval troops, Byzantine infantry, and Napoleonic French cuirassiers in the line. I guess I have a very short attention span!


10 comments:

  1. Love the lines from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The "Gun Mages" would make pretty good pirates too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. They are nicely animated and look sort of pirate-y.

      Delete
  2. These are going into one of several boxes that are used for d20 Traveller and 5.0 D&D. With 4 RPG games (and a variety of friends) we never know what will be needed. Be-all 4 family members also DM games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great mix of figures on the painting table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many beautiful figures here...and I do like the armoured vehicle...

    ReplyDelete