Monday 24 August 2020

Latest Off the Painting Table

 


Despite the seeming inactivity forced upon me by the COVID-19 virus and the lockdown/continued aftermath, I have been painting... some. Not as much as I'd like some times but some.

First, I received the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse from Skull & Crown Miniatures. They are excellent castings and really catch the gist of the subject. I'm not much for "undead" but the quartet of Revelation inspired riders were worth while.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation 6: 1-8)

I heard one of the four living creatures call out, as with a voice of thunder, “Come!” 
I looked, and there was a white horse! Its rider had a bow; a crown was given to him,
and he came out conquering and to conquer. (Pestilence)

When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature call out, “Come!” 
And out came another horse, bright red; its rider was permitted to take peace
from the earth, so that people would slaughter one another;
and he was given a great sword. (War)

When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature call out, “Come!” 
I looked, and there was a black horse! Its rider held a pair of scales in his hand, 
and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying,
“A quart of wheat for a day’s pay, and three quarts of barley for a day’s pay, 
but do not damage the olive oil and the wine!” (Famine)


When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature call out,
“Come!”
I looked and there was a pale green horse! Its rider’s name was Death,
and Hades followed with him; they were given authority over a fourth of the earth,
to kill with sword, famine, and pestilence, and by the wild animals of the earth.
(Death "on a pale horse") [I like the hourglass in his hand.]


Gruesome figures to be sure, but a great addition to my collection. I received these a while ago and they'd been sitting patiently awaiting paint and brush... and there were lots of others with them.

More Slovak infantry gifted to me by my friend, Ralph.
He told me they were originally Romanians, but someone took a file to their helmets.
I think they works well as Slovak "Light Division" troops on World War II's Eastern Front.
(The manufacturer is unknown.)

D&D Figures serving wench... usable for so many games!

Skull & Crown torch bearer... lighting the way for the Four Horsemen?
(This was a free-bee that came with the Battle Rabbits a while ago.)

Through a purchase from the Hamilton Tabletop Gaming group's "cyber bring 'n'buy", I got a hold of a few of Bob Murch's great Pulp Miniatures. There's so much character in these figs. I think these are from his set called "Femme Fatales."

She struck me as an armed RAF Auxiliary from WWII. 

A female explorer with hunting rifle, machete, and cool hat.

A little different angle and light.

Finally a paper model. I had done one of these as a WWI German A7V tank in 20mm and I thought that if I did up another one, it might be fine as some Epic Warhammer 40K Imperial behemoth tank. This one didn't go together as easily as the first one, but I'm satisfied. The pieces were inexpensive since I printed them on my computer on card stock. The "treads" were some abandoned balsa wood since the printed treads were very, very fiddly. It's not the best I've ever done but it'll do... and I could make another very quickly. My usual Epic 40K opponent may have something more to add to his Imperial Guard army, while I'll field my Tau equipment. I hope I can report on that in the coming months.

Crude, but effective... I hope.

Thanks for reading! Have fun... 'cause if it's not fun doing this, you might as well work! 

3 comments: